SoE Study Abroad Scholarships
Pending annual renewal, the SoE Study Abroad Scholarships are available to UW-Madison undergraduate students pursuing majors in the School of Education who are studying abroad on a UW Study Abroad Program. Any School of Education undergraduate, including students in “pre” status (e.g., pre-Elementary Education, pre-Kinesiology), are eligible to apply. Applicant must be in the process of applying, or have already applied, to a UW Study Abroad program for Winter 2022-23, Spring 2023, or Calendar Year 2023. The SoE Study Abroad Scholarships include the following scholarship opportunities:
- Claire Shaffer Study Abroad Award
- Lois E. Hack Study Abroad Scholarship
Eligibility varies depending on the criteria of each scholarship. FAFSA not required, however financial need is a consideration for some of the scholarships. For this application round, an applicant must:
- Be in the process of applying, or have already applied, to a UW Study Abroad program for Winter Intersession 2022-23, Spring 2023, or Calendar Year 2023.
- School of Education undergraduate major, including students in “pre” status (e.g., pre-Elementary Education, pre-Kinesiology).
- Complete and submit scholarship application by September 26, 2022 on the Wisconsin Scholarship Hub (WiSH).
How to Apply
Application opens September 2, 2022. The deadline is September 26, 2022. If your study abroad program application isn’t required to be complete until after this date, you must still submit your scholarship application by this date to be considered. However, you must already be in the process of applying to your program by September 26, 2022 in order to be eligible for this scholarship. Incomplete scholarship applications or applications submitted to the International Academic Program (IAP) office will not be considered. To apply, please log into Wisconsin Scholarship Hub (WiSH) through your student center or by logging in directly using the ‘My Applications’ button at the top of this page.
No essay required! UW Study Abroad takes into consideration other awards a student may have been offered.
Additional consideration for some of the awards will be given to students who possess the following characteristics and/or traits:
- First time traveling abroad
- Financial need
- Program Location in Africa, Asia, or Latin America
Awards vary from $1,000 to $3,000
Additional information on the scholarships and their respective donors can be found on the Scholarship Chart
Conditions of Award
Completion of the study abroad program is a requirement of the scholarship. In addition, recipients are required to submit a thank-you letter for the donor.
Visit UW Study Abroad program site