Francis G. & Edda S. Gentry and AYF Alumni & Friends Scholarships
This scholarship is open to full-time, degree-seeking undergraduate UW-Madison students who must have completed an Academic Year in Freiburg program application by the priority deadline, December 7, 2018. Only students who apply for the program by this priority application deadline will be eligible for the following scholarships:
Francis G. and Edda S. Gentry Scholarship – The Gentry Fund has been created by AYF students from the year 1984-1985, in honor of their Resident Director and his wife, Professors Francis G. and Edda S. Gentry, to support current AYF participants.
AYF Alumni & Friends Scholarship – The AYF Alumni & Friends Scholarship is established to support Academic Year Freiburg students who demonstrate a commitment to German-American cultural exchange and German language learning.
Pending the yearly approval of funds, each scholarship will be awarded to students in the Academic Year in Freiburg study abroad program administered by International Academic Programs (IAP) at the University of Wisconsin-Madison. You must be a full-time, degree-seeking undergraduate at a UW-Madison. You must have already applied to the International Academic Program (IAP) study abroad program for Academic Year in Freiburg 2019-2020 by the priority deadline, December 7, 2018.
How to Apply
Scholarship application is open NOW! The scholarship deadline is March 15, 2018. You must submit your Academic Year in Freiburg 2019-2020 program application to IAP by the priority deadline, December 7, 2018 to be considered. To apply for scholarship, please log into Wisconsin Scholarship Hub (WiSH) through your student center, or by logging in directly using the ‘My Applications’ button at the top of this page. Incomplete scholarship applications or applications submitted to the office will not be considered.
Essay required. Additional consideration for the awards will be given to students who demonstrate special need and show past academic achievement.
Additional information on the scholarship and the donors can be found on the Scholarship Chart
Conditions of Award
Completion of the study abroad program is a requirement of the scholarship. In addition, recipients are required to submit a thank-you letter for the donor.
Visit the AYF program site
- International Academic Programs
- Supplemental Questions
- Are you a full-time, degree-seeking undergraduate student at UW-Madison?
- Which UW-Madison office is administering the Study Abroad Program?
- Select the duration of your IAP study abroad program
- Which Study Abroad Program are you planning to participate in?
- Have you started or completed your AYF Program application?
- Have you ever traveled outside of the United States before for any type of experience?
- Will you be back on the UW Madison campus for at least one semester following the conclusion of your study abroad program?
- Please list all the University-level German classes you have taken. Please include the grade and semester.
- Please explain your academic, personal, and career goals in participating in the AYF Program, and how receiving one of the AYF Alumni Club scholarships would help you to meet those goals?
- How would you go about communicating your experience in Freiburg to the AYF Alumni community while you are still studying in Freiburg?
- Show 5 more