Babcock House Alumni & Friends Scholarship
About the Donor
Dr. Stephen M. Babcock came to the UW in 1887 and spent his entire career on campus as an agricultural chemistry professor and chief chemist of the Wisconsin Agricultural Experiment Station. In 1931, Dr. Babcock died and left his house to the University. It was to be used as a place for deserving, needy, male students to call home while enrolled in the College of Agriculture. This scholarship, and the Babcock House, commemorates his life and contributions to agriculture.
Awarded to CALS undergraduate members of the Babcock House Cooperative who exhibit good academic performance and leadership abilities.
Visit college program site