Sherry Wagner-Henry Scholarship in the Creative Arts and Entrepreneurship
The Sherry Wagner-Henry Scholarship in the Creative Arts and Entrepreneurship honors its namesake who was Director of the Bolz Center for Arts Administration in the Wisconsin School of Business, 2012-2020. Sherry was firmly committed to helping students learn and build upon their business acumen through the lens of arts and creative leadership. She passed away in May 2020.
In honor of Sherry and in her memory, Max Fergus, former founder and CEO of LÜM, was the original sponsor of this scholarship. Mr. Fergus is a 2018 graduate of the Wisconsin School of Business and created the company as an undergraduate. LÜM was a social music streaming application powered by a connected community of emerging artists, listeners, and music curators on the rhythm of what’s hot in the underground music scene. Launched in 2019, LÜM empowered creators to form personal connections with listeners through interactive features of a social media platform to build and grow their careers. Mr. Fergus credited Sherry, along with staff in the Weinert Center for Entrepreneurship for helping him build the skills necessary to launch a successful company. He acknowledged the positive attention and guidance that he received as a student and would like to see other UW Badgers follow their dreams in the space where the creative and entrepreneurial sectors combine. After learning of the scholarship, additional individuals came forward to contribute to the scholarship.
Bolz Center alumni, Ken Goldman and Ron Regier, along with Ron’s partner, Doreen Wetzel, are providing the funding for the scholarship this year.
Conditions of Award
To be eligible for this award:
• Student must be a full-time UW-Madison undergraduate or graduate student in good academic standing;
• Have a demonstrated passion for having already launched or grow a business in the creative arts;
• Be prepared to send a thank you letter to the donors. Directions for this will be provided by Bolz Center staff.
• Student may be featured in a Bolz Center and/or Weinert Center newsletter or social media.
How to Apply
Visit the Wisconsin Scholarship Hub (WiSH) to apply for this scholarship by logging in to your WiSH dashboard or by using the Sign In button in the top-right corner of your screen. You will need to provide answers to the following:
• What is your declared major, minor, and or certificate programs, and current GPA.
• Please upload your current resume.
• Please describe and share detailed information about your current venture in the creative arts, and how you will use the scholarship if you are the recipient this year. A 1-2 page Word document will suffice.
• If you would like to further explain how you meet the scholarship criteria or share other relevant information, please do so here. (This question is optional).
• By applying for this scholarship, you agree that the University of Wisconsin School of Business can share basic information about you with the University of Wisconsin Foundation and/or the scholarship donor. This information may include but is not limited to your name, contact information, and course of study.
For more information about the Bolz Center and Weinert Center, please visit their websites:
If you have questions about the scholarship, please reach out to the staff in the Bolz Center for Arts Administration: firstname.lastname@example.org