BBA Student Career Development Fund Application
The Career Development Fund connects undergraduate business students with meaningful, career-oriented experiential learning to help you successfully achieve your internship and career goals. The Fund provides multiple awards (amount subject to variation) to admitted Wisconsin Undergraduate Business students on a monthly basis. A student may receive multiple awards totaling up to $2,000 per academic year but can apply for an award each year. Students are evaluated using Wisconsin BBA Career Services criteria: Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), internship pay, internship location, value of the experience related to career decision-making and success, student commitment to personal growth and career development.
The types of career experiences that would qualify for an award might include:
• Unpaid or partially paid internships
• Experiential learning opportunities
• Job shadow experiences
• Industry or company-specific workshops or events
• Student treks (both individual and as part of a student organization)
• Student org membership dues
• Informational interviews
Award value up to $2,000
How to Apply
To be considered for this opportunity, complete these three required steps:
1. Log in and complete the General Application on your WiSH dashboard.
2. Attach documentation confirming details about the experience you wish to use the award funds to support (offer letter with salary/hourly rate and position description for internships, receipts for travel and fees, event agendas, and/or flyers. Please include a summary of the event, dates, location, etc).
3. *Attach a resume
The Career Engagement Team will contact you regardless of outcome following each review cycle on a monthly basis. Students who accept the award will be required to complete meet with a career coach.
Must be an admitted, undergraduate student in the Wisconsin School of Business BBA Program. In addition, scholarships with a financial need component require a completed FAFSA form on file with UW-Madison. Student financial aid packages can be impacted by scholarship awards. It is recommended that students contact the Office of Student Financial Aid to learn about potential impact on current aid packages.
Questions about this application? Please contact Cindy Johnson at email@example.com. For more information about BBA scholarships, visit the Wisconsin Scholarship Hub.