Lawton Undergraduate Minority Retention Grant (L&S)
The Lawton Minority Undergraduate Retention Grant is an incentive-based, retention grant awarded to Wisconsin resident students from four targeted student populations. Awards range from $500 to $3,000 per academic year. For more information on the Lawton grant, please go to:
Lawton Information – Financial Aid
Please contact the
L&S Lawton Program with questions.
- $500- $3,000
- College of Letters and Science
- Supplemental Questions
- I understand this application is only for students who are not currently receiving the Lawton grant (for the 2018-2019 year). This is for first year students and other students who have not received the Lawton. This is an application for funding for the 2019-2020 academic year.
- What is your expected graduation date? (Month/Year)
- Thank you for you interest in the Lawton Retention Grant. This grant awards up to $3,000 to Wisconsin residents who are rising sophomores, juniors, and seniors; making satisfactory academic progress toward a degree; have financial need; and are a member of a targeted underrepresented population.
- I am a Wisconsin resident, plan on completing at least 24 degree credits by the end of the current academic year and I understand that I must be enrolled for and complete 24 credits for the next academic year. Please contact Dean DeVon Wilson (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have extenuating circumstances that affect your enrollment.
- Have you completed your 2019-2020 FAFSA application to verify and calculate financial need as required?
- I am currently being advised by or I am affiliated with the following programs at UW-Madison:
- If you checked off other please explain:
- It is required that L&S Lawton recipients be engaged in a learning opportunity or community. These are call high impact practices. Please check off which high impact practices in which you are currently involved:
- If you answered "Other" to the question above, please clarify.
- How will receiving the Lawton grant hlp you reach your educational goals?
- I understand that if I am awarded the Lawton Grant in will be posted to my Student Center in June and that I will be required to attend an orientation session (led by the College of Letters & Science) in the fall of 2019.
- Show 6 more