Pharmaceutical Sciences MS Merit Award Application
Graduate students committed to tackling challenges in growing areas of the pharmaceutical industry can apply for Pharmaceutical Sciences MS Merit Awards. These scholarships will be awarded to students pursuing a master’s degree in Pharmaceutical Sciences: Applied Drug Development or Psychoactive Pharmaceutical Investigation who demonstrate a financial need and/or have a strong commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion.
- School of Pharmacy
- Supplemental Questions
- Please select the statement that most closely matches your program and status in that program.
- While taking classes in this program, where will you live? Specify city, state, and country.
- What is your country of citizenship? If you are not a United States citizen, please indicate if you are a Permanent Resident of the US.
- Which of the follow statements most closely matches you? You have the option of creating your own statement, too, by selecting "Other."
- 1a. Which of the follow statements most closely matches you?
- 1b. Other:
- A portion of our merit awards will go to students from populations underrepresented and/or disadvantaged in the U.S. biomedical, clinical, behavioral, and social sciences research enterprise. For more information about the definitions of these groups, please see Underrepresented Population and Experiences and Inclusion of Sexual and Gender Minority Scientists in the STEM Workforce.
If you would like to be considered for this subgroup of scholarships, please provide any of the following information that you believe would help us in our decision making process. Any or all of the questions on this page can be left blank.
Please note the following: This information is used solely for awarding the portion of scholarships set aside for students from underrepresented and/or disadvantaged populations. Only members of the merit awards scholarship committee will have access to this information. Your responses will be kept private and secure. The information will not be used for a discriminatory purpose. You can change this information in the future contacting your Program Director (Eric Buxton or Cody Wenthur), Graduate Program Manager (Stephanie Scholze), Academic Program Manager (Lindy Stoll), or the School of Pharmacy's Assistant Dean of Diversity and Inclusion (Lisa Imhoff).
- 1. Race and/or ethnicity:
- 2a. Gender identity (optional; choose all that apply)
- 2b. Other:
- 3a. Sexual orientation (optional; choose all that apply)
- 3b. Other:
- 4. Do you hold any other social identities or group associations that you would like for the scholarship committee to consider? If so, please list them here. (optional)
- How many credit hours do you plan on taking during the Fall 2023 semester?
- A portion of our merit awards will go to students with demonstrated financial need. If you would like to be considered for this subgroup of scholarships, you must submit (or have submitted) a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) to the University of Wisconsin-Madison (school code 003895).
You must complete your FAFSA by the scholarship application deadline in order to be considered for this subgroup of need-based scholarships. Please note that in order to complete the FAFSA, you must meet their eligibility requirements.
- 1a. Will you submit or have you submitted the Free Application for Federal Student Aid to the University of Wisconsin-Madison?
- 1b. Other:
- 2a. For your Spring 2023 courses, how much tuition reimbursement will your employer provide?
- 2b. Dollar amount from employer:
- 3a. During your time in this program, will you receive any other types of scholarships or grants to defray the cost of attendance? If so, please provide details regarding dollar amount per semester and total dollar amount you will receive for the entire program.
- 3b. I will receive this scholarship amount for the Spring 2023 semester:
- 3c. I will receive this scholarship amount overall during my entire time in the program:
- 4a. Are you experiencing any hardships due to your current amount of steady income? If so, please explain.
- 4b. Are you responsible for direct support of other family members? If so, please describe.
- 5a. During your time in this program, will you take out loans to help cover the cost of this degree? If so, please provide details regarding loan dollar amount for the semester and total loan dollar amount for the entire program.
- 5b. I will take out this loan amount for the Spring 2023 semester:
- 5c. I will take out this loan amount overall during my entire time in the program:
- Please provide a list of leadership roles you have held and their duration (president, vice president, treasurer, secretary, etc.), along with any awards or recognition for leadership that you have received in the past.
- ESSAY PROMPT 1: As a scholarship recipient and future graduate, what core qualities will you embody to be an ambassador for the School of Pharmacy's mission to provide "outstanding care and support to communities around the world"? (max 300 words)
- ESSAY PROMPT 2: Please describe the factors and challenges that have most shaped your personal and professional aspirations. How have these factors helped you to grow and achieve success? (max 300 words)
- Confirmation of Scholarship Terms
- 1. By checking the box below, I confirm that all information provided in this application is true.
- 2. By checking the box below, I confirm my understanding that this scholarship is available only to applicants who are pursuing either the Applied Drug Development (ADD) Master's Degree or the Psychoactive Pharmaceutical Investigation (PPI) Master's Degree. I understand these scholarships are not applicable to other degrees at the University of Wisconsin-Madison.
- 3. By checking the box below, I confirm my understanding that scholarships are provided on a semester-by-semester basis, with no guarantee of similar funding in future semesters.
- 4. By checking the box below, I confirm my understanding that total scholarship and assistance (including employer or other external support) amounts will not exceed tuition costs. If I reduce my course load, my scholarship amount will be scaled back accordingly.
- 5. By checking the box below, I agree to promptly provide to the scholarship committee any new sources of funding or other changes to my financial circumstance. New funding sources include, but may not be limited to: third-party scholarships, grants, and employer tuition benefits.
- Show 6 more