International Summer Research or Residency
The School of Education Global Engagement Office invites graduate students to apply for funding to support international summer research or residency with an arts organization. These funds are to be used for projects taking place outside of the boundaries of the United States or within First Nations.
Allowable expenses for this award include airfare, lodging, food, local transportation, CISI insurance, any required health testing for travel, and other related research or residency costs. Please be aware that this award and disbursement may impact financial aid calculations. If this is a concern for you, please contact the Office of Student Financial Aid to discuss your concerns or meet with a Financial Aid Advisor.
Opens in early December
Closes the last week of March
Typical awards $1,500 – $2,500
Award recipients notified in April
- School of Education
- Supplemental Questions
- (GEO) In which School of Education department are you currently enrolled as a graduate student for the 2022-2023 academic year? (multiple selections allowed)
- (GEO) During the aid year of the award, will you be an MS/MFA/PhD candidate in your department?
- (GEO) I confirm that I will be enrolled as a full-time graduate student during the year of the award.
- (GEO) When do you intend to graduate? Please provide your answer in month/year format.
- (GEO) Please provide your dates of travel. Respond in month, day, year format, e.g., March 15, 2023 – March 18, 2023.
- (GEO) Please provide the location of your research site or residency. Include the City and the Country.
- (GEO - R&R) Please provide the name and contact information of the organization(s) or person(s) that you will work with while in the location of research or residency. We are collecting this only for informational purposes.
- (GEO) I acknowledge that I have read the GEO Additional Travel Information document and all links and resources within the document, and I accept the requirements therein as a condition of receiving the Hartzman International Conference Award and/or the GEO Summer Research or Residency Award. View document here: Travel Information.
- (GEO) I acknowledge that I have read the GEO Additional Travel Information and if I am chosen as a recipient to receive the Hartzman International Conference and/or the GEO Summer Research or Residency Award, will be required to enroll and purchase international health insurance through Cultural Insurance Services International (CISI) prior to my departure. View document here: Travel Information.
- (GEO - R&R) Please provide the name and email address of your faculty advisor who will provide a letter of support (paragraph) for your application. They will be contacted about submitting this required letter on your behalf.
- (GEO - R&R) Please upload a document with your application materials. See help text for what MUST be included in the document.
- (GEO - R&R) (GEO) I understand that if I receive this award I will be required to write and submit a 500-800-word summary of the experience and will need to submit 2-3 photos of my work. Additionally, I understand that my summary and photos will be shared publicly and must be submitted to the Global Engagement Office via email@example.com no later than Monday, September 23, 2023.
- Show 7 more