ALC Community Building Scholarship
The Department of Asian Languages & Cultures will award a deserving student at the sophomore or junior level an annual award each fall term. The award will be given to a student who represents the strength of our community, and who embodies our shared goals to create an environment that is welcoming to all students. We encourage underrepresented minority and first-generation college students to apply! Applicants must be declared in an ALC program (major or certificate), with a minimum GPA of 2.5 and above.
- Award Varies
- Supplemental Questions
- Personal narrative (500 words), may include: Who are you, and What do you bring to the table.
- What kind of community would you like to see in the ALC department, and how would you help create it (250 words)
- What classes have you taken in ASIAN or ASIALANG subjects?
- What class has been most impactful to you and why (150 words)
- Would you like the opportunity to be matched with a mentor in the department, is that something you would find helpful?