PPG Fellowship Application
In partnership with the College of Engineering at UW-Madison, PPG Industries, Inc. has established a PPG Fellows fund to honor and support the outstanding scholarship, research and service of Chemical & Biological Engineering (CBE) or Materials Science and Engineering (MSE) MS or PhD students who are underrepresented in engineering by gender, race or ethnicity. Students who fulfill the eligibility criteria below should complete this application process in order to self-nominate for the fellowship.
To be considered for this fellowship you must be/have:
- A graduate student pursuing a MS or PhD in CBE or MSE in the College of Engineering at UW-Madison
- A U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident
- A member of the Graduate Engineering Research Scholars (GERS) Program
- A member of one of the following underrepresented groups in Engineering: A member of a group historically underrepresented in engineering by gender, race, or ethnicity
How to Apply
To apply for nomination consideration, students must log into the Wisconsin Scholarship Hub (WiSH) using their NetID and password. The application opens on August 22, 2022 and closes on September 14, 2022 at 11:59PM CT. Awarding decisions will be communicated by Monday, September 26th.
Required Application Materials
1) Curriculum Vitae (CV) uploaded as pdf
2) Statement (no longer than 1 page single-spaced) of Research and Engagement
The research project description should be written at a level understandable to a generalist audience, clearly defining the nature and scope of the project and the broader relevance/impact of the project. The statement should also include a description of how the applicant has engaged in the CoE, UW-Madison or broader community during their time as a graduate student. Examples of this include service activities, organization membership/leadership, outreach events, serving on committees, mentorship programs etc.
Applicants will be evaluated based on their demonstrated record and/or plan of scholarly research, community service and leadership. After applications are evaluated, up to four awardees will be selected as PPG Fellows.
Award Disbursement Information
An award in the amount of 12,500. $5000 is provided directly to the recipient and $7,500 to their PI, to support the recipient’s research