Phi Kappa Phi Zillman Summer Research Award
These awards are designed to encourage Undergraduate PKP Honor Society members to enrich their educational programs through summer projects involving study, research, travel, and training that is not part of a formal curriculum nor carries college credit. These projects may be carried out in the United States or abroad. Awards are not given to those who intend to remain in Madison.
Any Phi Kappa Phi member or new inductee who is a registered undergraduate student on the Madison campus is eligible to apply.
How to Apply
Apply by logging in to your WiSH dashboard or by using the Sign In button in the top-right corner of your screen. Finalists will be interviewed before spring break. Winners will be honored at the annual induction ceremony for new Phi Kappa Phi members, typically held on the fourth Sunday in April.
As many as five to eight awards will be given. Past awards have typically ranged between $300 and $2,000 with the amount of each award depending on the project’s estimated costs and apparent merits.
Conditions of Award
Awards must be used for one project described in this application.
Visit program site
For more information or if you have any questions, please contact email@example.com or (608) 265-2428.
- Undergraduate Academic Awards
- Supplemental Questions
- Are you a member of the Phi Kappa Phi Honor Society?
- Briefly describe the project for which you are requesting Zillman funds. What is the purpose of the project?
- How will the project enrich your study or university experience?
- Location where your project will be carried out. (Be specific.) Funding is not allocated to projects taking place in Madison, WI.
- Coordinating organization or agency. (It is highly recommended that you have an on-site coordinating group for logistical support in the country where your project will take place.)
- Expected duration of project by dates. (Example: 6/19/2023 through 8/11/2023.)
- Itemized budget for your project, including a detailed budget for research supplies (e.g., equipment), travel (e.g. airfare, bus fare, etc), and lodging (e.g., rent, housing expense, etc). Food may be budgeted but at no more than 10% of the total project's budget amount.
- List any additional funding sources you are applying to, the amount(s) you've requested, and the date(s) you'll find out whether you've received this funding.
- Zillman Awards often don't fund projects in their entirety. If selected for a Zillman Award, can you provide the necessary funds for your project? Please explain.
- Name of professor writing an academic letter of recommendation in support of your Zillman application.
- Conditions of the Zillman Summer Research Award
- 1. A final report is required by November following receipt of the Zillman Award. I agree to this condition.
- 2. Recipients of the ZIllman Summer Research Award are encouraged to serve on UW-Madison's Phi Kapa Phi board the following academic year. I agree to this condition.
- 3. If no, please explain.
- Show 6 more