Frank D. Cady Scholarship
The Frank D. Cady Scholarship is a one-time, need-based scholarship award for undergraduate students majoring in mathematics who have financial need. Multiple awards may be granted in any one year. Previous recipients are welcome to re-apply.
Applicants must meet the following eligibility criteria to be considered for the award:
- Declared in the math major.
- Submitted the FAFSA for the current academic year. For directions on how to submit the FAFSA, please visit https://financialaid.wisc.edu/. Need-based undergraduate awards from the Department of Mathematics require students to have a FAFSA on file for the current academic year.
Applicants will be expected to submit the following materials for this application:
- A personal statement.
- Their UW-Madison unofficial transcript.
The following submission materials are optional, but strongly recommended and encouraged, as the scholarship committee will use the quality and relevancy of submitted optional materials as criteria in application reviews and decisions:
- A letter of recommendation (requested during application process through WiSH).
- A supplemental statement allowing applicants to share with the reviewers information that may pertain to the review and assessment of their application.
Fall applications are reviewed in the fall term and are awarded for the subsequent spring term. If an applicant intends to graduate in the fall term in which they applied, they should note clearly that they intend to do so and the award can be applied to the fall term if applicable.
Questions regarding this application can be referred to the Department of Mathematics Scholarships and Prizes Committee chair, Kyle Martinez (firstname.lastname@example.org).