School of Veterinary Medicine - Advanced Opportunity Fellowship Application
The Advanced Opportunity Fellowships (AOF) are funded by the State of Wisconsin to assist disadvantaged and/or minority students who are enrolled full-time in the professional program.
Awards must be given to U.S. citizens or permanent residents.
Awards should be given to qualified resident minority and other eligible resident disadvantaged non-minority students before making awards to eligible non-resident students.
Students may qualify as disadvantaged and may be eligible for fellowship money if they meet any one or more of the following criteria:
- Students from the following racial/ethnic groups: a) African American or Black; b) American Indian or Alaskan Native; c) Hispanic/Latino; d) Cambodian, Vietnamese, Laotian, or Hmong; e) Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander; f) Asian
- Family received some form of public assistance, including eligibility (not necessarily acceptance) for the school lunch program; this demonstrates long standing and extreme financial need (from childhood to the present)
- First-generation college students who have participated in special services for disadvantaged students, such as Upward Bound, Trio, Talent Search, Educational Opportunity Centers, Student Support Services, or PEOPLE Program graduate
- Supplemental Questions
- Applicant Information
- 1. Ethnic Background
- 2. a) Country of birth:
- 2. b) Current Country of Citizenship:
- 2. c) Permanent USA Resident:
- 2. d) Visa Type
- 2. e) Previous Country of Citizenship
- 3. a) Country of Residence:
- 3. b) For tuition purposes, are you considered a Wisconsin-resident student or a non-resident student?
- 3. c) If you are considered a non-resident student for tuition purposes, what is your state of legal residence?
- Parents/Family Information
- 1. Last year claimed as dependent by parents:
- 2. a) Parents will support in 2023-2024:
- 2. b) Approximate Contribution:
- 2. c) How the money is to be appropriated:
- 3. a) Parent #1 Name:
- 3. b) Highest Education level for Parent #1:
- 3. c) Highest Degree for Parent #1:
- 3. d) Occupation of Parent #1:
- 4. a) Parent #2 Name:
- 4. b) Highest Education level for Parent #2:
- 4. c) Highest Degree for Parent #2:
- 4. d) Occupation of Parent #2:
- 5. a) Number of dependents your parents have:
- 5. b) Names, ages, and schools of all dependents (parent's dependents):
- 6. a) Family received public assistance:
- 6. b) Assistance programs received and lengths of assistance:
- 7. a) Participated in special services for disadvantaged student programs:
- 7. b) Please tell us the names of any programs you were a part of and the lengths of time involved in each program:
- 8, b) Names, ages, and schools of all dependents (your dependents):
- 8. a) Number of dependents you have:
- Special Circumstances:
- 1. Please share any circumstances that should be taken into account such as long-term social/financial disadvantage, first-generation college student status, medical and/or family difficulties, and other hardships.
- 2. Discuss how being disadvantaged and/or a minority student with financial need has impacted your educational path.
- 3. Total cumulative educational debt:
- Applicant Information