Summer Finish Scholarship
Is graduation just a few courses away? If so, congrats! Complete your degree this summer with help from Summer Finish, a $1,000 scholarship to help undergraduate students like you participate in Summer 2023 coursework to reach the finish line. Award availability and amounts are subject to vary. Applications are due April 9, 2023.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be currently enrolled at UW-Madison pursuing an undergraduate degree
- Apply to graduate this summer by May 7th
- Be in good academic standing and have a cumulative GPA which reflects academic success
- Enroll in at least one UW-Madison summer course by April 9th
- FAFSA required prior to awarding decisions decisions for domestic students. Students that are unable to file the FAFSA are eligible to apply and should utilize the open responses financial need question on the application to explain their level of need.
How to Apply
Apply for the Summer Finish Scholarship through the WiSH portal. Applications are due April 9, 2023
Conditions of Award
Award availability and amounts are subject to vary. Award can only be applied to UW-Madison summer tuition & fees.
Find out more on the Summer Finish webpage
- UW-Madison Undergraduate Scholarships for Summer Study
- Supplemental Questions
- Do you intend to graduate this summer by using UW-Madison summer classes to complete all of your outstanding degree requirements?
- What courses do you intend to take at UW-Madison this summer? Please indicate the courses as well as the number of credits. For example: “Psych 202, 3 credits”.
- Please confirm you intend to enroll in summer courses at UW-Madison as this scholarship is only applicable to UW-Madison summer tuition and fees:
- Please upload a signed letter from your academic advisor certifying that your Summer 2023 course selections (list the courses) will enable you to graduate in Summer 2023.
- Since entering college, have you previously taken courses for credit in the summer at UW-Madison or elsewhere?
- If you have previously taken summer courses as indicated by the above question, please indicate the semester date, classes taken, number of credits, and institution (e.g. Summer 2022, Gen&WS 103, 3 credits, UW-Madison).
- Please describe your post graduation goals. What are you hoping to accomplish academically, personally, or professionally with your summer coursework and how will the Summer Finish Scholarship help you to meet those goals?
- One of the criteria for award consideration is financial need. In most cases, your FAFSA will provide this information. However, if you are not eligible to complete the FAFSA, or if you have significant financial circumstances that are not reflected in your FAFSA (such as a change in income not evident in your new FAFSA for next year), or if you have a significant or unusual debt (such as medical expenses), please list or describe that here. Students who are not eligible to complete the FAFSA are especially encouraged to share information about their financial need in this section.
- Show 3 more