Wisconsin School of Business BBA Scholarships - Pre-Business Applicants
Direct Transfer & currently enrolled Pre-Business applicants at UW-Madison seeking admission into the Wisconsin School of Business can apply for scholarship awards through the School by submitting a complete application on WiSH and answering the following supplemental questions. The BBA Program awards a large number of scholarships totaling over $500,000 annually to enrolled/continuing BBA students. Applicants will be considered for general BBA awards and select academic department awards.
Though not required, many awards take financial need into account so the FAFSA is strongly recommended. Students who are not able to fill out the FAFSA are still eligible to receive funds.
- This application is for students who plan to apply (or already have) to the School of Business this admissions cycle (March 2023).
- Students are considered for scholarships only if they are admitted to the School of Business (by July 1, 2023).
Incoming Freshmen admitted to the University as Pre-Business students do not fill out this scholarship application until the same term(s) they intend to apply as a Pre-Business applicant to the School of Business. Applicants are encouraged to review this site for other University awards outside the School of Business.
How to Apply
- The application will be available through WiSH between February 1 – 28, 2023.
- Complete the “Application for Wisconsin School of Business BBA Scholarships – Pre-Business Applicants” by the application deadline.
- Complete all supplemental questions by the application deadline.
Award selection is a mix of need-based and merit based considerations. While not all scholarships take financial need into account, applicants are strongly encouraged to submit the FAFSA as soon as possible to be considered for all available awards. Students who are not able to fill out the FAFSA are still eligible to receive funds.
- Wisconsin School of Business - BBA Program
- Supplemental Questions
- During the 2023-24 Academic Year, I plan to be a full-time student at UW-Madison during the FALL.
- During the 2023-24 Academic Year, I plan to be a full-time student at UW-Madison during the SPRING.
- If at any point during the Academic Year, you DO NOT plan to be a full-time student at UW-Madison, please explain the circumstance(s).
- Have you actively served at least 6 consecutive months in any branch of the United States Military Service or United States Coast Guard AND received an honorable discharge?
- What extracurricular activities are you currently or previously involved in? Include student organizations, volunteer work, or special events with a short description of your involvement and applicable dates of involvement.
- If you have held any jobs or internships while attending UW-Madison, list them starting with the current/most recent. Include dates of employment, average hours worked per week, employer, and your role. Clearly indicate positions that were summer or during the academic year. If none, leave blank or list "n/a".
- What scholarships or types of financial aid do you receive? Please list the awards and/or aid sources and amounts from the University and any third-party entities. If none, list 'N/A'.
- Financial need is typically demonstrated through FAFSA data, but some students are not eligible to fill out the FAFSA or have high financial need that is not accurately reflected through the FAFSA. If applicable, please provide information related to your level of financial need. A response to this question is optional.
- What business major(s) are you interested in pursuing if admitted to the School of Business? (Check all that apply)
- For Pre-Business ACTUARIAL SCIENCE students: Please list all professional Actuarial Exams you have passed. Also list anticipated exams you will be taking in 2023-24.
- For Pre-Business ACTUARIAL SCIENCE students: Is your information on the online Actuarial Program Management database (via club webpage) updated and complete?
- In 250 words or less, explain how a scholarship from the UW Actuarial program would help you in achieving your academic and/or professional/actuarial development goals for next year.
- Is there any other information you would like our reviewers to know pertaining to your application? This is your opportunity to tell us about any extenuating circumstances, challenges, identity, and/or family experiences and history, exceptional talent or accomplishments, or other factors not included in responses to other questions that may impact our review. Undergraduate Business values diversity of all kinds and we welcome you to share information about communities with which you identify. Please be specific when presenting the additional information while honoring your need for privacy or discretion. If no response, enter "n/a" or leave blank.
- Show 8 more