Chinese Language Learners Bridge Fund Scholarship
The CLLBF Annual Spring Scholarship recognizes one non-native Mandarin speaker for their passion and commitment to bridging language and culture, both inside and outside the classroom. The scholarship recognizes a Junior or Senior with an award. The Chinese faculty from the Department of Asian Languages and Cultures will review applications and the recipient will be notified in April. The scholarship will be presented at the UW Meets China Banquet.
1. Student must be a non-native speaker (someone who is not only him- or herself not a native speaker, nor someone who grew up in the home of native-speaker parents),
2. Junior or Senior standing,
3. a cum GPA of 3.0 or above.
The Application should reflect the below qualities:
• A strong foundation in Mandarin Chinese in reading, writing, listening and speaking,
• Dedication and passion to learning the language and understanding of Chinese culture.
• A proven ability to create bridges between UW-Madison and China, through knowledge sharing and/or friendships inside and outside the classroom.
• A clear intention to utilize their language skills post-graduation.
• Clarification on how the scholarship funds will be used (i.e., China study abroad program, private tutoring, or any other immersive activity).
- Supplemental Questions
- Major(s) & Certificate(s), please note college if not L&S:
- Expected Graduation Date
- Upload your Resume
- Please confirm that you are a non-native speaker (someone who is not only him- or herself not a native speaker, but someone who did not grow up in the home of native-speaker parents).
- Please describe your commitment to CLACC and your experience with Chinese language and culture inside and outside the classroom.
- How would this scholarship be used to further your current summer/post-graduation plans?
- Show 1 more