Chinese Language Learners Bridge Fund Scholarship
The CLLBF Annual Spring Scholarship recognizes one non-native Mandarin speaker for their passion and commitment to bridging language and culture, both inside and outside the classroom. The scholarship recognizes a Junior or Senior with an award. The Chinese faculty from the Department of Asian Languages and Cultures will review applications.
1. Student must be a non-native speaker (someone who is not only him- or herself not a native speaker, nor someone who grew up in the home of native-speaker parents),
2. Junior or Senior standing,
3. a cum GPA of 3.0 or above.
The Application should reflect the below qualities:
• A strong foundation in Mandarin Chinese in reading, writing, listening and speaking,
• Dedication and passion to learning the language and understanding of Chinese culture.
• A proven ability to create bridges between UW-Madison and China, through knowledge sharing and/or friendships inside and outside the classroom.
• A clear intention to utilize their language skills post-graduation.
• Clarification on how the scholarship funds will be used (i.e., China study abroad program, private tutoring, or any other immersive activity).