Augusta Schurrer Undergraduate Student Support Fund
The Augusta Schurrer Undergraduate Student Support Fund award is a one-time, merit-based scholarship award for undergraduate students majoring in mathematics who matriculated at UW-Madison as freshmen during (or in the summer immediately prior to) the previous academic year, are in their “second year” of studies, and are of at least sophomore standing. Multiple awards may be granted in any one year. Previous recipients are welcome to re-apply.
Applicants must meet the following eligibility criteria to be considered for the award:
- Declared in the math major.
Sophomore, junior, or senior academic standing.
- Matriculated at UW-Madison as freshmen during (or in the summer immediately prior to) the previous academic year (Summer 2021, Fall 2021, or Spring 2022) and are now in their second academic year. (The award is not open to transfer students.)
Applicants will be expected to submit the following materials for this application:
- A personal statement.
- Their UW-Madison unofficial transcript.
The following submission materials are optional, but strongly recommended and encouraged, as the scholarship committee will use the following submitted materials in application reviews and decisions:
- A letter of recommendation (requested during application process through WiSH).
- A supplemental statement allowing applicants to share with the reviewers information that may pertain the the review and assessment of their application.
Fall applications are reviewed in the fall term and are awarded for the subsequent spring term. If an applicant intends to graduate in the fall term in which they applied, they should note clearly that they intend to do so and the award can be applied to the fall term if applicable.
Questions regarding this application can be referred to the Department of Mathematics Scholarships and Prizes Committee chair, Kyle Martinez (firstname.lastname@example.org).