Dissertation Writing Camp
If you are working on your dissertation and need to jumpstart your writing, consider applying for the Dissertation Writing Camp.
Please ensure that you meet the following:
- You have achieved dissertator status
- Your dissertation proposal has been approved
- You have a vision for your overall project as well as for specific chapters
- You have completed the research or data collection that is needed to underpin the writing you will do in camp
- You have drafted at least one chapter of your dissertation
- You have your advisor’s approval
How to Apply
The Dissertation Writing Camp application has two components:
- an online application form, submitted by the applicant
- an online advisor endorsement form, submitted by the applicant’s advisor
In order to complete an application, you will need to provide the following information:
- your name, campus ID and email address;
- your dissertation title and a dissertation abstract (not to exceed 250 words);
- information on your dissertation progress and your specific writing goals for camp;
- indication of your motivations for attending camp and specific research/writing topics of interest to you.
If you have questions regarding your eligibility, please contact Dr. Eileen Callahan at the Office of Professional Development at the UW-Madison Graduate School prior to completing this application: email@example.com.