Political Science 2021 Scholarship Application
The department of Political Science supports students through various opportunities provided by generous donors. Students can apply for the Stanoch Family scholarship (not research), the Judith Hicks Stiehm award, the Steve Brenton Health policy award, and the Thomas L. W. Johnson scholarship by completing only 1 application, the Political Science Scholarship application. There are separate applications for Wisconsin in Washington support and for research support.
- $500 - $2,500
- College of Letters and Science, Department of Political Science
- Supplemental Questions
- What is your expected graduation date? (Month/Year)
- Are you a resident of NY or CT?
- Please provide a brief personal statement describing any experiences or achievements you would like considered as part of the awards process.
- Please discuss your future career plans and goals. In particular, what personal goals do you hope to accomplish through your future career?
- What was the most meaningful public service project that you completed while an undergraduate student at UW-Madison? What made the project meaningful to you?
- Have you received need-based scholarships in the past? Please provide the name and dates for these scholarships.
- Have you accepted need-based financial aid (grants, subsidized loans or work study) for the current academic year?
- What is the first and last name of a person we can contact who can provide a recommendation or reference for you? (Faculty are preferred.)
- What is the position or title of this person?
- List the correct email address for this person.
- Steve Brenton Health Policy Scholarship. (Optional) Only proceed if you have an interest in health care policy.
- Are you interested in health policy?
- Please provide a brief abstract of you health care paper?
- Please upload an essay on a health care topic or question of your choice in the document upload section. The essay should be be between 1,000 - 6,000 words. Include a coversheet with your first and last name, your student i.d. number, your email address, and your phone number. Include a statement that states that this is your original work.
- Tell us about your health care related coursework, internships/service, employment or research.
- Please upload a current resume. If you need resume writing assistance, you can visit
- Please upload a recent DARs, Degree Audit Report. You can run this report by going to this location: https://registrar.wisc.edu/dars_student.htm
- Show 8 more