Charline M. Wackman Summer Award
Charline M. Wackman, a Wisconsin native who lived in Dane county, graduated from the University of Wisconsin in 1918 with a major in Speech. Ms. Wackman participated in theatrical productions and was especially interested in the artistic aspects of theater and speech.
The Charline M. Wackman Awards for Summer Session are available to Communication Arts majors who are enrolled in at least one, three credit Communication Arts course through the UW-Madison campus during the 2020 summer session. To be eligible to apply, students must be “bona fide residents of the State of Wisconsin,” continuing in the fall, have junior or senior standing, and a cumulative GPA of 3.25 or greater. Students may apply for both a summer session award and a fall award.
How to Apply
As part of the application, students are asked to list their summer Communication Arts courses and to describe how receiving the award will help them financially. Applications are due March 23, 2021.
Visit program site
- Department of Communication Arts
- Supplemental Questions
- Select the Com Arts course(s) you will be taking this summer.
- How would receiving this award help you financially? Would it, for example, allow you to accept an unpaid internship, avoid accumulating additional debt, reduce the number of hours you need to work so you can become more involved in a student organization and/or focus more on your studies? Please be specific.
- I understand that if I receive this scholarship, I must be enrolled in at least one, 3-credit UW-Madison campus Com Arts course, offered online or in a classroom, during the 2021 summer session.
- Please note if you are awarded a Charline M. Wackman Award, the Communication Arts Department will list you as a recipient of the award in our communications with the UW Systems Trust Funds and the general public.
- I understand that to receive and maintain my scholarship I must be a student in good standing. Any instances of academic or non-academic misconduct may result in the removal of this scholarship.