Engineering Freshman Awards
The Engineering Freshman Award is a one-time scholarship awarded to approximately 150 outstanding incoming freshman engineering students, in amounts ranging from $1,000 – $3,000. Students who completed an application for admission to UW-Madison and selected a College of Engineering major as their first choice are eligible to apply for consideration.
TO APPLY FOR THIS AWARD:
1) Complete the brief General Application, which is comprised of ten short questions to help determine your scholarship eligibility.
2) Once the General Application is complete, you should see the College of Engineering – Engineering Freshman Award Application along the left-hand navigation bar. Select that link to complete the application to be considered for the Engineering Freshman Award. The application deadline is February 1, 2021. NO EXTENSIONS.
3) Complete the question set in the engineering scholarship application and choose one of the essay question options (maximum 300 words).
1) A FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) form is required for need-based scholarships. For information and help on completing a FAFSA and submitting to UW, see https://financialaid.wisc.edu/applying/ (Students without FAFSAs will be considered for non-need based scholarships only.)
2) Engineering Freshman Awards are limited to U.S. citizens and permanent residents.