Thermo Fisher STEM Engineering Scholarship
The Thermo Fisher STEM Engineering Scholarship is a $5,000 scholarship for incoming students in the College of Engineering. This scholarship is part of the Leaders in Engineering Excellence and Diversity (LEED) Scholars Program. It is designed to attract academically talented first-year and transfer students enrolling in and intending to graduate from the College of Engineering and who have a demonstrated financial need. It is renewable for up to a total of 8 semesters provided annual continuation criteria are met. Non-engineering STEM majors (other Science, Technology or Math) may be eligible for the Thermo Fisher STEM scholarship offered by the College of Letters and Science. The FAFSA must be submitted to Office of Student Financial Aid prior to awarding decisions and must be verified by OSFA prior to scholarship payment.
Applicants must be:
- Incoming freshman or transfer student, applying to: Biomedical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Geological Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Materials Science Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering or Engineering Mechanics
- US Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Documented Financial Need
Selection is based on academic merit and quality of application materials. Preference is given to students who:
- Meet Eligibility Criteria
- Are historically underrepresented in engineering, including women, students from racial/ethnic backgrounds underrepresented in engineering, students whose parents/guardians did not attend college, low-income students, and educationally disadvantaged students
Four new incoming students are selected each year for an award of $5,000. The awards are paid annually provided continuation criteria are met, for up to a total of 8 semesters. Students awarded the Thermo Fisher STEM Engineering Scholarship become part of the Leaders in Engineering Excellence and Diversity (LEED) Scholars. LEED Scholars receive academic resources and advising from the Diversity Affairs Office and participate in monthly student development dinner meetings.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of more than $20 billion and approximately 70,000 employees globally. Its mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. They help their customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver medicines to market and increase laboratory productivity. Through their premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – they offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive services.
Conditions of Award
- Make continued progress toward an engineering degree
- Maintain a minimum 2.8 cumulative and term grade point average
- Participate in LEED Scholars
Visit Program Site