Alliant Energy Diversity Scholarship
The Alliant Energy Diversity Scholarship was established by the Alliant Energy Foundation to support underrepresented minority students in the College of Engineering at the University of Wisconsin-Madison.
Applicants must be/have:
- Undergraduate students who are majoring in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Civil Engineering, or Engineering Mechanics
- A minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA based on 24 or more annual credits (full-time status)
- Planning to continue full-time enrollment status in the upcoming Fall 2021 semester
- A U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident
How to Apply
To be considered for this scholarship, College of Engineering students must log into the Wisconsin Scholarship Hub (WiSH) using their NetID and password and apply by completing the College of Engineering – Enrolled Undergraduate Application. This application will remain open from March 1 through April 30, 2021. Awarding decisions will be made over the summer.
Recipients will be selected based on their scholarly and extracurricular record and their responses to the application essay questions. Preference shall be given to students:
- Who are underrepresented in engineering by race or ethnicity
- Who have unmet financial need
- Who themselves or their immediate family are customers of Alliant Energy
Two awardees are selected annually to each receive a one-time scholarship payment of $2,500.
The Alliant Energy Foundation partners with customers and communities to solve problems, create opportunities and help make life better through community grant and scholarship programs. The Foundation’s community grant and scholarship programs reflect a commitment to play an active role in Iowa and Wisconsin and give back to future generations in the communities they serve. Grant and scholarship recipients are critical in helping Alliant Energy achieve a vision where everyone has the opportunity to live a life that’s healthy, safe and productive. For more information on Alliant Energy and Alliant Energy Foundation, please see the Alliant Energy Website.
Employees of Alliant Energy Corporation, Scholarship America, their subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies and their immediate family (spouses, parents, children or siblings and their spouses) and persons living in the same household of such employees who are employed at the time of application are ineligible to receive a scholarship through any of the above-mentioned programs unless otherwise noted.