Edward Alexander Bouchet Graduate Honor Society
The purpose of the Edward A. Bouchet Graduate Honor Society is to recognize outstanding scholarly achievement and promote diversity and excellence in doctoral education and the professoriate. The Edward A. Bouchet Graduate Honor Society seeks to develop a network of preeminent scholars who exemplify academic and personal excellence, foster environments of support and serve as examples of scholarship, leadership, character, service, and advocacy for students who have been traditionally underrepresented in the academy.
Application deadline: January 31, 2021
Ph.D. students who reach dissertator status by the start of the Spring 2021 semester and postdoctoral researchers are eligible to nominate themselves for consideration as long as they exemplify the five Bouchet qualities:
- Advocacy for students who have been traditionally underrepresented in the academy
How to Apply
ATTENTION POSTDOCS: WiSH is set up for current UW-Madison students only. Please send your nomination materials as a single merged PDF file to firstname.lastname@example.org. For a list of all the nomination materials, visit https://grad.wisc.edu/diversity/bouchet/.
Benefits of being a Bouchet member
- Travel to the Yale Bouchet National Induction Ceremony and Annual Conference
- Acquire a new network of academic colleagues outside of your university and discipline
- CV builder- you will be surprised who knows about Bouchet!
- Campus leader- called upon to serve as a representative or participate in discussions about the graduate experience
- Opportunities to share research work nationally and locally