Study Abroad Scholars
Discover the world…and bring the world back to Wisconsin!
Study Abroad is an integral part of a UW-Madison education and can be one of the highlights of a student’s time here. UW Study Abroad hopes to make this possible for as many Badgers as possible with Study Abroad Scholars awards, starting with $1,500 towards short term programs; $3,000 towards semester programs; and $4,000 towards year long programs. This includes all CALS, Engineering, IAP, and WSB students studying abroad through UW Madison!
Applicant must be in the process of applying, or have already applied, to a UW Study Abroad program for Spring 2020, Calendar Year 2020, or Winter Intersession 2019-20.
All students applying to CALS, Engineering, IAP, and WSB programs should consider this award!
In order to be considered for the Study Abroad Scholars scholarship applicant must:
- Be in the process of applying, or have already applied, to a UW Study Abroad program for Spring 2020, Calendar Year 2020, or Spring Break 2020, Winter Intersession 2019-20. (UW Global Gateway Programs and Fellowships are not eligible)
- Be a full-time, degree-seeking undergraduate student at UW-Madison
- Complete and submit scholarship application by September 23, 2019 on Wisconsin Scholarship Hub (WiSH)
How to Apply
Application is open NOW! The deadline is September 23, 2019. If your study abroad program application isn’t required to be complete until after this date, you must still submit your completed scholarship application by this date to be considered. However, you must already be in the process of applying to your program by September 23, 2019 in order to be eligible for this scholarship. Incomplete scholarship applications or applications submitted to the office will not be considered. To apply, please log into Wisconsin Scholarship Hub (WiSH) through your student center or by logging in directly using the ‘My Applications’ button at the top of this page.
Essay required. UW Study Abroad takes into consideration other awards a student may have been offered.
Additional consideration for some of the awards will be given to students who possess the following characteristics and/or traits:
- First generation college student
- First time traveling abroad
- Financial need
STEM majors (science, technology, engineering, and math)
- Cumulative GPA above 3.8
- Programs listed in the “UW Signature Programs” Category
- Semester and Year-long Programs
Starting with $1,500 towards short term programs; $3,000 towards semester programs; and $4,000 towards year long programs.
Conditions of Award
Completion of the study abroad program is a requirement of the scholarship.
Visit program site