Rothschild Study Abroad Scholarship
Pending annual renewal, this scholarship is open to enrolled UW-Madison students from the greater Chicagoland area or a current recipient of one of the WAA Chicago Chapter Scholarships. WAA Chicago Chapter created this fund circa 2005 with the estate gift from Robert Rothschild in efforts to support UW Study Abroad participants. All CALS, Engineering, IAP, and WSB students are eligible!
Pending the yearly approval of funds, this scholarship will be awarded to 2 students in a study abroad program administered by UW Study Abroad. Both need and merit will be taken into consideration. The student must be from and have a home address in the greater Chicago Area (as defined by Cook, DuPage, Kane, Lake, McHenry and Will counties). Applicant must be in the process of applying, or have already applied, to a UW Study Abroad program for Spring 2020 or Calendar Year 2020.
How to Apply
Application is open NOW! The deadline is September 23, 2019. If your study abroad program application isn’t required to be complete until after this date, you must still submit your scholarship application by this date to be considered. However, you must already be in the process of applying to your program by September 23, 2019 in order to be eligible for this scholarship. Incomplete scholarship applications or applications submitted to the office will not be considered. To apply, please log into Wisconsin Scholarship Hub (WiSH) through your student center or by logging in directly using the ‘My Applications’ button at the top of this page.
Essay required. UW Study Abroad takes into consideration other awards a student may have been offered. Additional consideration for the awards will be given to students who are current recipient of one of the WAA Chicago Chapter Scholarships:
- Chicago Scholarship Trust #132817530
- Andrew Schneider Scholarship #132997390
- Multicultural Diversity Trust Scholarship #132990992
- Alice Cox Scholarship #132997055
- Matching Dollar Scholarship #112901756
Additional information on the scholarship and the donor can be found on the Scholarship Chart
Conditions of Award
Completion of the study abroad program is a requirement of the scholarship. In addition, recipients are required to submit a thank-you letter for the donor.
Visit program site
- International Academic Programs
- Supplemental Questions
- Are you a full-time, degree-seeking undergraduate student at UW-Madison or consortium school (University of Michigan, Michigan State, or University of Iowa)?
- Are you a current recipient of one of the WAA Chicago Chapter Scholarships? If so, please select:
- Please detail how your study abroad program will advance your chosen course of study at UW-Madison and your career goals?