Conference Travel Scholarships
The School of Human Ecology Graduate Program is offering travel awards to graduate students who are invited to present at professional conferences/exhibits. The purpose of the support is to encourage participation in professional development, scholarly research, and/or creative endeavor and to help cover expenses not covered by other sources. Students may receive a maximum award of $650 for travel ($750 for international travel) to support conference participation in a single academic year—September 1 to August 31.
NOTE: Dissertators and 3rd-year MFA students must provide evidence that they have applied for Graduate School Funds prior to submitting an application for a SoHE Conference Travel Scholarship.
Required Applications Materials
- Conference name, date, and location
- Evidence that student has been invited to present/exhibit
- Title of presentation and all authors
- If the student is a co-author, a description of the student’s contribution to the paper and role in the conference presentation
- Total travel cost estimates: registration, travel, lodging, meals, and other expenses
- Travel support requested from other sources
- Travel amount requested
Students may request up to $650 for conference travel ($750 for international travel), but are encouraged to apply for less support if that is sufficient. Amounts smaller than requested may be given due to overall travel requests. Support from other sources must be described. The SoHE Graduate Program views support from other sources as confirmation of the quality of the student’s research and of its presentation to the broader academic community.