Alliant Energy Diversity Scholarship
The Alliant Energy Diversity Scholarship is set up by the Alliant Energy Foundation to support minority students in the College of Engineering at University of Wisconsin-Madison.
- Undergraduate students who are majoring in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Industrial and Systems Engineering, Civil and Environmental Engineering, or Engineering Mechanics
- Minimum 3.0 GPA based on 24 or more annual credits (full-time status)
- Plan to continue full-time status in upcoming Fall semester
- U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident
Recipients will be selected based on their scholarly and extracurricular record and their responses to application essay questions. Preference shall be given to students:
- Who are underrepresented in engineering by race or ethnicity
- Have unmet financial need
- Students who themselves or their immediate family are a customers of Alliant Energy
The Alliant Energy Foundation partners with customers and communities to solve problems, create opportunities and help make life better through community grant and scholarship programs. The Foundation’s community grant and scholarship programs reflect a commitment to play an active role in Iowa and Wisconsin and give back to future generations in the communities they serve. Grant and scholarship recipients are critical in helping Alliant Energy achieve a vision where everyone has the opportunity to live a life that’s healthy, safe and productive. For more information on Alliant Energy and Alliant Energy Foundation, please see the Alliant Energy Website.
Two applicants are selected to receive $2,500 one-time awards. Awards are disbursed at beginning of Fall Semester through the Bursar’s Office, and can be applied to tuition or other college expenses.
Employees of Alliant Energy Corporation, Scholarship America, their subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies and their immediate family (spouses, parents, children or siblings and their spouses) and persons living in the same household of such employees who are employed at the time of application are ineligible to receive a scholarship through any of the above-mentioned programs unless otherwise noted.