- $1,500 to Full-Tuition
- College of Engineering, College of Engineering - Diversity Affairs Office
- Supplemental Questions
- List extracurricular activities (especially leadership or service, and particularly include activities related to diversity, inclusivity or social justice), offices held, employment or volunteer experiences and the dates/duration of each (most recent first). Please include only high school experiences.
- List any FIRST Robotics clubs, FIRST Lego, or FIRST Competitions. Include the name of the team and of your FIRST coach (Optional).
- List participation in any high school Project Lead the Way courses (Optional).
Essays are a major factor in scholarship selection. You have a limited number of words so it is important to carefully select what to include. You may wish to write your essays in Word for grammar and spell checking, and to ensure your ability to edit, then cut/paste to this application. While you are working in the online application, be sure to save your work frequently.
- Essay 1: Please describe how you would contribute to the Leaders in Engineering Excellence and Diversity (LEED) Scholars Program?
- Essay 2: Please describe a time when you have joined an organization or participated in an activity where your peers were people from different backgrounds. Please describe what you learned about yourself by working in a diverse setting. If you have never had this type of opportunity, please describe what you hope to learn about yourself from an experience like this.
- Most scholarships associated with this application require federal financial need. A preliminary evaluation of your financial need will be through the questions below. However, in order to be awarded a scholarship you must complete and submit a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) to the UW-Madison Office of Financial Aid and it must be officially verified. This process takes some time, so it is important that you submit a FAFSA as soon as possible.
I understand that I must submit a FAFSA and it must be verified before I can receive a scholarship associated with this application:
- Please state any special circumstances regarding your or your family's financial need that may not have been reflected in your FAFSA. (Optional)
- Are you a participant in the PEOPLE program, or did you submit or are you planning to submit an application to the POSSE Foundation, Powers-Knapp or Chancellor's Scholarship Programs? Answering YES will not impact your consideration for LEED scholarships.
- Please provide a reference that can comment on your commitment to and leadership in community service, inclusivity or social justice activities. The individual must be a non-family member, and serve as a teacher/instructor, guidance counselor or high school staff member, an adult leader of an extracurricular activity, an adult community/volunteer leader or employer.
- Show 3 more