Rothschild Study Abroad Scholarship
This scholarship is open to enrolled UW-Madison Students from the greater Chicagoland area or a current recipient of one of the WAA Chicago Chapter Scholarships. WAA Chicago Chapter created this fund circa 2005 with the estate gift from Robert Rothschild in efforts to support study abroad participants.
Pending the yearly approval of funds, this scholarship will be awarded to 2 students in a study abroad program administered by International Academic Programs (IAP) at the University of Wisconsin-Madison. Both need and merit will be taken into consideration. The student must be from greater Chicago Area (as defined by Cook, DuPage, Kane, Lake, McHenry and Will counties). Applicant must be in the process of applying, or have already applied, to an International Academic Program (IAP) study abroad program for Winter Intersession 2018-19, Spring 2019, or Calendar Year 2019.
How to Apply
Application is open NOW! The deadline is October 15, 2018. If your study abroad program application isn’t required to be complete until after this date, you must still submit your scholarship application by this date to be considered. However, you must already be in the process of applying to your program by October 15, 2018 in order to be eligible for this scholarship. Incomplete scholarship applications or applications submitted to the office will not be considered. To apply, please log into Wisconsin Scholarship Hub (WiSH) through your student center or by logging in directly using the ‘My Applications’ button at the top of this page.
Essay required. Additional consideration for the awards will be given to students who are current recipient of one of the WAA Chicago Chapter Scholarships:
- Chicago Scholarship Trust #132817530
- Andrew Schneider Scholarship #132997390
- Multicultural Diversity Trust Scholarship #132990992
- Alice Cox Scholarship #132997055
- Matching Dollar Scholarship #112901756
Additional information on the scholarship and the donor can be found on the Scholarship Chart
Conditions of Award
Completion of the study abroad program is a requirement of the scholarship. In addition, recipients are required to submit a thank-you letter for the donor.
Visit program site
- International Academic Programs
- Supplemental Questions
- Are you a full-time, degree-seeking undergraduate student at UW-Madison?
- Are you a current recipient of one of the WAA Chicago Chapter Scholarships? If so, please select:
- Please detail how your study abroad program will advance your chosen course of study at UW-Madison and your career goals?