Graduate Student Peer Mentor Award
The Graduate Student Peer Mentor Awards recognize graduate students who exhibit stellar mentorship qualities. These graduate students are selected based on their ability to mentor underrepresented and multicultural undergraduate and/or graduate students, on or off campus.
Applicants must be a current graduate or professional student at UW-Madison.
How to Apply
Application consists of short essays and three references.
A formal award ceremony will take place on Sunday, April 7, 2019. Please note that applicants who are unable to accept their award in person will forfeit their award.
Visit program site
- Graduate School, Multicultural Graduate Network (MGN)
- Supplemental Questions
- 1. Are you currently pursuing a post-baccalaureate degree? Please indicate if you are a Masters or PhD student below:
- 2. Please list your graduate program
- 3. Please indicate why you would like to be considered for the Graduate Peer Mentoring Award? (100-300 words)
- 4. For the Graduate Peer Mentor Award we list six qualities of a good mentor: Willingness to share knowledge, skills and expertise; provides guidance and constructive feedback; personal interest in the mentoring relationship; motivates mentees through setting a good example; looks for ways to improve mentoring skills. From the above list of qualities, please discuss how you have grown as a mentor and other qualities of mentorship that you consider to be important to strong and effective mentoring.
- 5. Please share a brief bio for our consideration. If you are selected for the award, this bio will be used in the program and on the website. (100-300 words)
- 6. A formal award ceremony will take place on Sunday, April 7, 2019. Applicants who are unable to accept their award in person will forfeit their award. Will you be able to attend the award ceremony on April 7, 2019?
- 7. Please submit the names and email addresses of 3 recommenders:
- Recommender 1:
- Recommender 2:
- Recommender 3:
- Though not required, you may list up to 2 additional recommenders below:
- Recommender 4:
- Recommender 5:
- Show 3 more